24 July 2009: No NYC for me :(

Just made the hard decision to not race this weekend. My body is still feeling pretty tight and sore after Vineman and at some point you have to wonder whether it is smart to race and risk doing some damage or sit out the weekend and get ready for the rest of the season. Racing three weekends in a row is always a risk - I just feel I need an extra day or two to be ready to race and the last thing I want to do is start and not race at my full capability. Always a hard decision to make not to race but I am confident it is the right one and one that will mean I am ready to go for the rest of the year. Next then is a good solid training block (after the weekend off though!!) and then Chicago.